Friday, December 5, 2008

'tis the season

Hi Everyone!

I feel like I've been so neglectful here, but things have been soooo busy. I honestly haven't picked up the camera in the last week as I've been busy processing my Christmas sessions, placing some big orders, putting together a few books, designing holiday cards, etc. It's a fun and exciting time with lots of work to be done... but I'm taking a couple of weeks off over the holidays to clean out and organize the office, set up the new accounting software, and take the girls to Disneyland!

Some things I'm super excited about:

- The new photoshop CS4 that should be arriving any day now thanks to a super killer deal. I saw a recent demo and I think my workflow will improve three fold with making the leap from CS2 to CS4.
- Dan encouraged me to break down and get the Nikon 24-70 2.8 when we found a deal for 30% off a brand new lens. I'm so freakin excited I might pee myself when it gets here. Until then, I'm on a rampage selling everything in the house on ebay to be able to afford this purchase. Thank goodness for my stash of sample sale diaper bags! (those who know me... stop laughing!)
- I'm taking the girls into my friend Kim's studio (of Mill Cottage Photography) on Monday and I'm excited about working in the studio again and possibly getting a few really good images of the girls together.
- Speaking of Kim, I'm working with Kim on a big portrait event for the end of January and as soon as I know more, I'll post here. I'm REALLY excited about this one! It should be so much fun!

that's all for now!

No comments: